- To training professionals required for managing constructing projects with efficient and effective management system, administer contracts,
- To conduct researches to identify real problems on site pertaining to construction management, methods & materials, and find better solutions.
- To Train Construction Technologist and Construction project Manager
- To produce well Qualified Construction Technology and management Professionals.
The profile of B.Sc. graduates of Construction Technology & Management can be summarized as follows:
- Organize resources including human, equipment and material resources and lead construction projects with efficient and effective management systems.
- Conduct researches projects, discoveries and consultancy services to identify real problems on site pertaining to construction technology, management, methods and materials, and find better solutions.
- Read, analyze and understand technical drawings and specifications.
- Conduct inspection and supervision by checking and measuring works for accuracy and fit to specification.
- Detect and identify design problems /faults/ by justifying the cause and detail requirements of adjustment or redesign and recommend measures.
- Ensure that construction projects are executed as per the design & specification.
- Adapt construction materials, equipment, machines and other technological outputs to local needs.
- Manage efficiently construction works and integrate constraints and requirements of both manpower and construction machines.
- Administer contracts, make legal agreements up hold construction codes and maintain professional ethics.
- Demonstrate an appropriate mastery of the knowledge, techniques, skills and modern tools/software of construction related to: contract documents, codes in relation to construction projects, materials testing, construction layout/surveying, best construction methods/practices, estimating, scheduling, safety, design of construction systems (temporary structures, concrete, foundations, formwork, basic electrical/mechanical systems), and appropriate software.
- Demonstrate an ability to conduct, analyze and interpret experiments, and apply experimental results to improve construction processes and solve construction problems.
- Demonstrate an ability to apply creativity in the design of construction systems, components, and processes.
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate (graphically, verbally and nonverbally) and function effectively in teams.
- Demonstrate sufficient understanding of the importance of lifelong learning, continuous improvement, timeliness and a commitment to quality.
Duration of Program
The BSc. Program of construction technology and management takes five years of duration. Each year’s constitute two semesters
Students who have successfully completed the 10 plus 2 preparatory education and have secured a minimum cut-off point with high scores in Physics and Mathematics are eligible to join the regular undergraduate B.Sc. degree program of Construction Technology and Management.
Depending on available spaces, diploma graduates from TVET (Technical Vocational Education and Training) in the fields of construction technology will be admitted based on grades on competitive basis.
Applicants with a minimum cut-off point and with high scores in Physics and Mathematics in foreign countries examinations equivalent to the 10+2 preparatory program are also eligible. The equivalence is determined by the department.
Students must take and pass all the required courses to satisfy the requirements for graduation. The total number of credit points required for graduation with the Degree of Bachelor of Science in Construction Technology and Management is 309 ECTS.
After successful completion of all the requirements a student graduating from the Construction Technology and Management program will be entitled to earn a degree in;
- Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) Degree in Construction Technology and Management and in
- Amharic የሳይንስባችለርዲግሪበግንባታቴክኖሎጂናሥራአመራር