About the Department
The School of Electrical and Computer Engineering was established in 2006E.C under the College of Engineering and Technology at Samara University. When the Department was established, the purpose of our university was to create a moral, knowledgeable and competent problem-solving workforce. As a result, the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering at Samara University is providing teaching, learning, research and community services. It is currently enrolling 23 second-year students in the Electrical and Computer Engineering Department of the regular program, as well as 19 third-year students, 101 fourth-year students (Power-25, Control-29, Communication-24 and Computer Engineering-22).
Electrical and Computer Engineering graduates work in both the Technical and non- Technical professions and contribute significantly to the socio-economic development of the country.
- The Electrical and Computer Engineering (ECEG) Department is preparing young men and women to lead productive and rewarding professional lives at the forefront of Engineering in the 21st century and pursues research and linkage with the industry to advance the state-of-the-art in electrical and computer engineering education.
- At present, the Department is running a B.Sc. degree program in a unified Electrical and Computer Engineering program. In addition, the Department is running a continuing education program that leads to B.Sc. degree.
- The graduates of the Department have profound knowledge in basic science, mathematics, social science and the major disciplines: Communications, Power Engineering, Control Systems, and Computer Engineering (Hardware & Software).
- The Electrical and Computer Engineering (ECEG) Department aspires to excel in teaching, research, and industry linkage/consultancy at a national level as well as regionally and also in producing competent engineers within the field of electrical, electronic, and computer engineering to solve the problem of our country and bring about growth.
- Realization of this vision requires focusing on specializations relevant to the need of the country; namely, Communication Engineering, Electrical Power Engineering, Computer Engineering, and Industrial Control Engineering. This in turn requires institutional reorganization such as upgrading to faculty level where each discipline may have its own department.
The Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering offers courses in comfortable classrooms that it shares with other departments of the College of Engineering and Technology. Furthermore, the Department has a well-equipped is equipped with laboratories for practical courses comprising the following independent sections.
- Basic electrical Engineering Laboratory
- Electrical Installation and workshop Laboratory
- Computer Laboratory
- Power Electronics Laboratory
- Communication Laboratory
The Department Head is selected from among the teaching staff of the department on the basis of merit and interest as soon as the college announces the vacancy for the post. The term of office of the Department Head is two years.
Currently, Mr. Jemal Mohammed Amin is serving as Head of the Department.
- Email: email@example.com
- Mobile: +251-914-352-253
- P.O. Box: 132, Samara, Afar, Ethiopia.