About the Department
The department of Information Technology is among the seven departments under the college of Engineering and Technology (CET) established in 2012/13 G.C. academic year with four B.Sc. and two M.Sc. Degree holders as academic staff members. In the following academic year, it has enrolled 35 students in the regular program, with the objective of producing graduates who can effectively carry out IT related tasks, develop and compute in the field of Information Technology.
Since its establishment, the combined hard work of its academic staff has made to make higher education reachable in the region. In this endeavour, the department has opened extension program centred at Logia town.
Since its establishment, the department has been striving to realize the mission and vision of the university by acting according to the duties and responsibilities vested on it by the institution.
Currently the department has 118 students. The department has 25 academic staff, among these, 10 on study leave, one expatriate, one undergraduate and the remaining 13 are MSc holders.
The department is trying its best to be one of the main contributors of the development and growth of the university; currently some of its staff members are serving at administrative positions at college and university level Offices in addition to their regular teaching carrier.
finally, as we got approval of MSc program curriculum in computer networking, the department is working towards MSc program intake capacity to more than 30 students in the coming academic year.
“We Serve the Community!!”
- The Information Technology (IT) Department is training young generations of our country in order to empower and make them productive IT professionals that has the potential of competing on the ever-growing Digital IT world in every step of the way and pursues their career to be one of the main actors in the IT industry to cope up with the advancement of the Digital world.
- Currently, the Department is providing B.Sc. degree program in Information Technology (IT) program. In addition, the Department is also having a continuing education program that teaches B.Sc. and MSc. Degree.
- The graduates of the Department have profound knowledge in basic science, mathematics, social science and the major disciplines: Information Technology, Computer Networking, Programming, Database Management, web design, application development, computer maintenance and Software Engineering.
- The Information Technology (IT) Department aspires to excel in teaching, research, and industry linkage/consultancy at a national level as well as regionally and also in producing competent IT professionals within the field of Information Technology, Computer Networking, Programming, Database Management, web design, application development, computer maintenance and Software Engineering in order to solve the problem of our country and contribute their part as a productive citizen.
- In order meet this visions and missions focusing on technological needs of the country is critical; specifically, in areas such as Information Technology, Computer Networking, Programming, Database Management, Web Design, Application Development, Computer Maintenance and Software Engineering.
The Department of Information Technology offers theoretical courses in comfortable four classrooms which are allocated within the College of Engineering and Technology. Furthermore, the Department has four computer laboratories for conducting practical courses.
The Department Head is selected from among the teaching staff of the department on the basis of merit among its staff members. The term of office for the Department Head is two years. The department has various active sub committees discharging their respective duties as stipulated on the universities Senate legislation. Currently, Mr. Wasyhun Abedela is serving as Head of the Department.
- WASIHUN ABEDELA
- Head, Department of Information Technology
- Mobile No: +251919981671
- Email: email@example.com
- Po Box: 132, Samara, Afar, Ethiopia.