- To produce high quality IT Graduate with entrepreneur and problem-solving mind set. Providing a broad knowledge and skill in information technology management
- Providing students with the necessary skill and knowledge to configure and maintain ICT infrastructure
- Enabling students to develop and integrate information systems
- Building students’ problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Enabling students to cope up new technological developments
- To produce graduates who possess the right combination of knowledge and practical skills to take care of an organization’s technology and infrastructure needs and peoples that needs it.
- To produce professionals that take responsibilities for selecting hardware and software products appropriate for an organization, integrating those products with organizational needs and infrastructure
- To produce graduates who installing, customizing and maintaining applications (network installation, network administration, Web site design, development of multimedia resources, installation of communication components and oversight of email system) for the organization.
- To produce professionals to work in organizations implementing and managing automated information systems for different scientific, educational, commercial and other purposes.
- To produce graduates that plan and manage the technology lifecycle by which an organization’s technology is maintained, upgraded and replaced.
The graduates of the program will be able to:
- Analyze, identify and define the IT requirements that must be satisfied to address problems or opportunities faced by organizations or individuals.
- Use and apply current technical concepts and practice in the core area of Information Technology.
- Design effective and usable IT-based solutions and integrate them into the user environment.
- Identify and evaluate current and emerging technologies and assess their applicability to address the user’s needs.
- Assist in the creation of an effective project plan.
- Analyze, adopt and demonstrate IT best practices, standards and their application.
- Demonstrate independent critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Collaborate in teams to accomplish a common goal by integrating personal initiatives
- Communicate effectively and efficiently with clients, users and peers both verbally and in writing, using appropriate terminology.
- Analyze the impact of technology on individuals, organizations and society, including ethical, legal and policy issues;
- Demonstrate an understanding of best practices and standards and their application;
- Identify and analyse user needs and take them into account in the selection, creation, evaluation and administration of computer-based systems.
Admission requirements would be similar to the general institutional requirements.
Duration of the Study
- Students will not take different computing courses at their high school study
- The nature of the discipline needs many practical works
- Considering the above facts, program objectives and graduate profile, under normal circumstances, four years of study are required to complete the program.
The major graduation requirements for Regular and CEP program include:
- Successful completion of all courses (242 ECTS);
- A Cumulative Grade Point Average (C.G.P.A) of at least 2.00;
- A Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of at least 2.00 in major courses;
- At least C grade in the Industrial Project courses;
- No grade of “F” in any of the courses.
Medium of Instruction
The medium of instruction for the program is English.
Assessment and Evaluation
Cognitive abilities are assessed by a combination of written examinations and continuous assessment, including marked essays, class tests and computer programming problems.
Practical Abilities are assessed mostly by continuous assessment. Some of practical abilities are assessed as part of group project module.
some skills, like the use of software tools and ability to communicate orally and in written form are directly assessed, in assignments or projects, other skills are not directly assessed but their effective use will enhance the student’s overall performance.
- Evaluation will be done based on the midterm exam, assignments, laboratory sessions demonstrations, Project work, and final exam and other evaluation methods.
- The Degree of Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) in Information Technology
- Amharic የሳይንስ ባችለር ዲግሪ በኢንፎርሜሽን ቴክኖሎጂ