History and Background of Public and International Relation Executive
Samara University is one of the Ethiopian federal universities built among a group of 2nd generation Universities. It is found in the Afar Regional State Samara town. The University is designed to be a center of learning and research, especially on the three centers of excellences dry land agriculture, geology/mining and tourism. To these end the University has wide range of academic programs and administrative offices to meet the growing demand of trained manpower of the region and the country. Among these offices, Samara University public and international relations Executive office is the one.
Samara university public relation office established in 2000 E.C as “corporate communication and marketing” under the President office. After three years, the office restructured under the President Office and named as “external and public relation directorate”. Later on, in 2009 E.C the office reorganized as “public and International relations directorate. Currently, the office has renamed as Public and International relation Executive office is responsible for the President Office.
The Former directors of the office were Mr Girmay Alemayehu (Sep 18/2002 – Nov 30/2002), Mr. Mohammed Hasen (Dec. 01/2003 – June 03/2003), Mr. Abubeker Yasin (Dec. 01/2003 – June 306/2003), and Mr. Dawud Mohammed (Dec./2004-dec/2006) Abubeker Yasin (Feb. 01/2007 – Nov 30/2015).from December 1-2015 now on Mohammed Ahmed Abegar.
- To build an effective team with relevant skills, to create and maintain a climate of trust and positive attitude at Samara University through honest and effective communication with the international and the local public and thereby improving the University’s image by promoting and facilitating transformative flow of information that would potentially maintain a good reputations and excellence of the University.
- To promote, enhance and develop a favorable image of Samara University, its facilities, and expertise to all its stakeholders by utilizing and developing internal and external communication through different media outlets nationally and internationally.
The office’s overarching aims in support of the University’s vision are:
- To support and promote positive communications within the university and partners from internal stakeholders in the state of mutual benefit;
- To manage events and any other engagements that the university would embark on to enhance the life of the community;
- To provide an efficient, effective and high quality publicity;
- To establish a line that enables the university to communicate directly with key audiences;
- To scale-up the visibility of the university to the publics and
- To present the success stories and best practices of the University for the Public in the way that achieves favorable communal image.
The office of Public and International relations executive seeks to achieve its mission and aims by meeting the following broad, interrelated objectives:
- To understand and define the University’s essential characteristics and communicate them clearly and consistently;
- To promote the University’s activities and achievements and challenge misconceptions and misrepresentations where necessary;
- To glean and disseminate information that is of interest and value to the university community, and that supports change management;
- To develop connections, partnerships and mutual understanding with outside communities, groups and organizations;
- To arrange or support ceremonial, educational and other events, activities and opportunities that build relationships and are relevant to the University’s mission;
- Communicate the goals, objectives, priorities and performance of the University to the public using electronic mass media, publications, websites, and so on;
- Design, develop and manage special events that shows Samara university’s center of excellences and promote advocacy and support for the university by mobilizing the University working units;
- Manage and provide services including publicities, photography, graphic design, etc. to the University community and make a pool of audio visual resources and conference management tools to enable efficient delivery of such services.
Public and International Relation Executive
- Director’s name: Mohammed Ahmed Abegar
- Academic rank: MA in journalism
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone no: 0920631840