About the Department
Department of Marketing Management starting to offer the course since 2017. Initially the department were offering an undergraduate program leading to the Bachelor of Art in Marketing Management. The Department has revised its curriculum as of 2019. The revision aimed at inculcating the changes and improvements that are happening in the discipline. In doing so, an attempt was made to include recent fresh man courses In addition; additional major courses like event management, negotiation management and import/export policy and procedures are important issues in the revised curriculum.
Currently, the department of Marketing management is running undergraduate programs in the regular,. Moreover, the department has launched master’s degree program in marketing management in 2020. .
The department of Marketing management Study is dedicated to providing quality education on marketing management, which incorporate business related issues and problem solving research and community service and there by producing qualified competent and ethical graduates to foster the development aspiration of the nation.
To be one of the leading departments with enormous fields of marketing management in pastoral and agro-pastoral community of East Africa by 2035.
The Department of Marketing management offers courses in comfortable classrooms that it shares with other departments of the College of business and economics.
The Department Head
The Department Head is selected from among the teaching staff of the department on the basis of merit and interest as soon as the college announces the vacancy for the post. The term of office of the Department Head is two years. Currently, Mr. Kedir Yimam is serving as Head of the Department.
P.O. Box: 132, Semera, Ethiopia
The program aims to provide undergraduate students with both subject-specific knowledge and general skills. It aims:
- To produce all rounded professionals capable of:
- Identifying and solving spatio-temporal problems of the business environment
- Comprehending the risks, potentials, and prospects of the country’s environment in isolation as well as in global perspective
- Generating, analyzing, and presenting spatio-temporal data of business using different scientific procedures, models, tools, and techniques
- Demonstrating confidence and conviction that enable them to become positive role models to the business society, committed to change and development.
- Participating in community development through:
- Providing various kinds of professional trainings to the community
- Providing professional consultancy services with a view to accelerate business, social and economic developments
- Conduct research in different areas (marketing environment, e- marketing, social marketing etc.,) that would help in solving societies’ problems and disseminate results thereof.
- Establish a system and culture of provision of continuous training, consultancy services and conducting research
- Enhance customer satisfaction with departmental services by devising sound system for this purpose
The curriculum of the department designed with the view that graduates who complete their education from the department shall be able to: –
|Provide an understanding of the context, nature, role and significance of marketing activities as undertaken by marketing managers in a range of organizations by analyze basic marketing and management issues|
|Apply basic economic and accounting principles in marketing related decision making.|
|Identify key issues, write up, and present resultant marketing plan|
|Formulate marketing strategies, prepare budgets, and develop implementation plans|
|Analyze and interpret statistical data by using relevant quantitative models for marketing decision making ,|
|Identify and analyze the nature of customers’ behavior and develop marketing program that are relevant to the needs and wants of customers|
|Design appropriate marketing mix strategies for successful marketing of agricultural products|
|Know the nature of the global marketing environment and its influences on foreign marketing operations, Identify and evaluate global marketing opportunities and feasible target markets for domestically produced products in global market places.|
|Analyze the channel system and design appropriate channels for the product distribution|
|Conduct marketing research to generate information that is useful for marketing problem solving.|
|Apply the marketing concepts, theories and tools in different social organizations.|
|Apply marketing concepts and tools in online marketing program, Recruit, train and manage sales forces of an organization|
|Apply the marketing concepts, theories and tools in different service organizations.|
|Analyze and manage sales activities|
|Develop and manage product and brand program, promotional plan, and Formulate, implement and evaluate marketing strategies.|
|Identify tourism potentials of Ethiopia and apply marketing mix strategies to the tourism industryOrganize and manage events Manage effective business negotiations|
The training program for regular classes lasts for four/4/ years and is divided into six semesters for a total of 247 EtCTS
For any program (regular, summer and distance), it depends on the requirements set by the ministry of education for higher education enrolment. The following requirements are set as selection criteria to join the Department of Marketing management in the degree program.
- Students who successfully completed the preparatory program and pass the entrance exam that could be prepared by Ministry of Education and meet the minimum requirement needed.
- Students who have Diploma in business related disciplines from recognized college or university with a minimum CGPA of 2.00 at graduation.
Students will be eligible for graduation upon successful completion of all major, common and supportive courses provided. No ‘F’, NG (no grade) or ‘I’ (incomplete) grades will be accepted in any of the courses taken and the minimum cumulative GPA is 2.00 at graduation.
In English: B.A Degree in Marketing Management
In Amharic: የአርት ባችለር ዲግሪ በገበያ ስራ አመራር